Petitgrain essential oil is perfect for everyday. It’s also known as Lavender for Men!
Derived from the bitter orange tree, Petitgrain has a long history of use in traditional health practices. Historically, Petitgrain essential oil has been used for cleaning purposes and it has been used internally, because it can support healthy immune system and nervous system function.
There are three essential oils derived from the bitter orange tree. Petitgrain is distilled from the leaves and twigs of the tree, Neroli essential oil is distilled from the blossoms, and finally Bitter Orange oil is produced by cold pressing the rinds of the fruits.
Widely used in the perfume industry, Petitgrain gives body sprays, fragrances, lotions, and colognes a fresh, herbaceous note which is popular among both women and men. Men can use this herbaceous oil instead of Lavender if they don’t prefer the floral essential oil.
By sourcing Petitgrain from Paraguay through our Co-Impact Sourcing® initiative, doTERRA is able to support needed rural community development projects and provide diversified income for small-scale farmers. This approach provides an economically viable alternative to clear-cutting land, dramatically helping to protect the remaining patches of the Atlantic Rainforest in eastern Paraguay.
Uses and Benefits
- Supports healthy cardiovascular function
- Provides antioxidant support
- Supports healthy immune function
- May help promote a restful sleep
- Diffuse for a calming and relaxing aroma. Blends well with other citrus oils.
- Take internally to help ease feelings of tension, and help calm the nervous system, and also promote restful sleep.
- Before going to bed, add a few drops of Petitgrain along with Lavender or Bergamot to pillows and bedding for its aromatic benefits.
- Add one to two drops to water or juice and drink to help support the health of the cardiovascular, immune, nervous, and digestive systems.
doTERRA Essential Oils
I recommend only one brand of essential oils. Please do not use these tips if you are going to go out and buy the cheapest brands that you can find.
When it comes to essential oils, you get what you pay for. There’s hardly any regulation on the essential oil market so you have to do your due diligence when purchasing oils.
After research, I fell on doTERRA. DoTERRA holds themself to the highest purity and safety standards on the market. Plus, they hold themselves to fair trade and sustainability practices.
You can learn more about doTERRA’s CPTG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade) standards on my blog post about it.