Listen up Ladies – this post is for you! I love to use Clary Sage Essential oil to promote calmness in my mind and body during restless nights or when dealing with stress.
Description of Clary Sage Essential Oil
With uses dating back to the Middle Ages, Clary Sage essential oil includes relaxing and soothing properties that help with rejuvenation and calming of the skin.
Clary Sage is a biennial or perennial herb that grows up to six feet in height. Also, Clary Sage is known for its calming properties and benefits to the skin.
The main chemical component of Clary Sage is linalyl acetate, part of the esters group so that makes it one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils.
In the Middle Ages, the Clary Sage plant was frequently used to soothe skin. Inhaling Clary Sage promotes feelings of relaxation, for example allowing a restful night’s sleep.
Uses for Clary Sage Essential Oil
- During your menstrual cycle, rub three to five drops on the abdomen for a soothing massage.
- Combine with Roman Chamomile and add to bath water for a stress-relieving bath.
- Diffuse or apply to pillow at night for a restful sleep.
- Add to shampoo or hair conditioner to promote healthy hair
- Combine with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to massage, soothe, or rejuvenate skin.
- Promotes healthy-looking scalp
- Promotes a restful night’s sleep
- Calming and soothing to the skin
doTERRA Essential Oils
I recommend only one brand of essential oils. Please do not use these tips if you are going to go out and buy the cheapest brands that you can find.
When it comes to essential oils, you get what you pay for. There’s hardly any regulation on the essential oil market, so you have to do your due diligence when purchasing oils.
After research, I fell on doTERRA. DoTERRA holds themself to the highest purity and safety standards on the market. Plus, they hold themselves to fair trade and sustainability practices.
You can learn more about doTERRA’s CPTG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade) standards on my blog post about it.