There are easy ways to naturally makeover your life. Making your own DIY dryer sheets is an easy first step! It’s cheap, easy, and is a great all-natural option for your laundry room.
DIY Dryer Sheets
- 1 part Vinegar
- 1 part Water
- 10-15 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- scraps of fabric
- empty jar
- Gather some of your old scraps of cotton fabric. Cut the fabric into squares about 5″ by 5″ – but the cut doesn’t have to be perfect. If you are needle-savvy and enjoy making things pretty, sew a seam on all the sides. Or you can do a blanket stitch for a finished look. (none of the sewing is necessary functionally – just an option for making your dryer sheets last longer).
- Stuff as many pieces of fabric as you can into your glass jar. I choose an old large pickle jar. The wider the opening, the easier it’ll be for you to grab a sheet or two when it comes time to dry your laundry.
- Add 10-15 drops of an essential oil of your choice to the jar. I like to use Lavender or an uplifting oil like Wild Orange.
- Fill the jar with half water and half vinegar.
- Add one or two dryer sheets to each load of laundry!
Don’t worry about the vinegar scent. Vinegar only smells when it is wet. It won’t make your load smell like vinegar AT ALL.
This recipe is super easy – but if it still doesn’t sound stellar, try Wool Dryer Balls instead. We love using dryer balls – they hold whatever essential oil scent we want to use really well. I highly recommend dryer balls as an alternative to the DIY dryer sheets.
Would you like to try some of these Essential Oils? Check out my SHOP page – I can get you the highest quality essential oils for you at a 25% off wholesale price.