Oregano is so much more than just an herb for your favorite pasta dish. It’s a powerful essential oil too! Check out the benefits of oregano essential oil.
Oregano Essential Oil
Oregano is one of the most potent and powerful essential oils and has been used for centuries in traditional practices. The primary chemical components of Oregano is carvacrol, a phenol that possesses antioxidant properties when ingested. Due to its high phenol content, caution should be taken when inhaling or diffusing Oregano; only one to two drops is needed.
Additionally, Oregano should be diluted with a carrier oil when applied to the skin. Caution: Oregano is a HOT oil. Always Dilute Oregano.
One drop taken internally each day can help maintain healthy immune function; Oregano can be taken more frequently as needed to further support the immune system – it pairs very nicely with Melaleuca for this reason.* In addition to being a popular cooking spice, Oregano also supports healthy digestion and respiratory function when taken internally.* Oregano’s aroma acts as an enhancer and equalizer in essential oil blends.
Benefits & Uses
- Used as a powerful purifying and cleansing agent
- Supports a healthy immune system*
- Supports respiratory function and healthy digestion*
- Offers powerful antioxidants*
- Take one drop daily to maintain healthy immune function.*
- Add one to two drops to a veggie capsule to support healthy respiratory function.*
- Put one drop in place of dried oregano in spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, or on a roast. I love spicing up my dishing with Oregano essential oil! Be careful though because it’s a very strong oil. Use just one drop!
- Put 10 drops in a 16-ounce spray bottle with water for a surface cleaner.
- Diffuse to help get rid of the blocks in your life.
- Apply topically with a carrier oil, or using the Touch oil, to help cut out the negative people and situations in your life.
- Diffuse for feelings of humility and to help you become teachable and flexible.
Put them in a capsule to take for serious immune system support!!
The Steam Mug Recipe
Drop 2-3 drops each of Lemon, Melaleuca, Oregano, and Peppermint into a cup of steamy water then inhale the vapor… very slowly. It’s a very strong recipe but also very effective at helping support your respiratory and immune systems and to help that nose feel like it’s functioning well again.
doTERRA Essential Oils
I recommend only one brand of essential oils. Please do not use these tips if you are going to go out and buy the cheapest brands that you can find.
When it comes to essential oils, you get what you pay for. There’s hardly any regulation on the essential oil market so you have to do your due diligence when purchasing oils.
After research, I fell on doTERRA. DoTERRA holds themself to the highest purity and safety standards on the market. Plus, they hold themselves to fair trade and sustainability practices.
You can learn more about doTERRA’s CPTG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade) standards on my blog post about it.