Melaleuca (also known as Tea Tree) is a very important CPTG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade) Essential Oil to keep in the house. It’s super affordable but also very versatile. I make my all-purpose cleaner for my counters with melaleuca. I make diaper cream and baby wipes with melaleuca. I take it for immune support and to guard against seasonal threats. This essential oil does it all!
Melaleuca Essential Oil
More commonly known as “Tea Tree,” Melaleuca essential oil has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications. The leaves of the Melaleuca tree have been used by the Aboriginal peoples of Australia for centuries. They would apply crushed leaves directly to the skin for a cooling effect.
Melaleuca is best known for its purifying properties. It can be used to cleanse and purify the skin and nails and to support a healthy complexion.
Taken internally, Melaleuca promotes healthy immune function – especially when combined with an oil like Oregano (see Video below).* Melaleuca is frequently used on occasional skin irritations to soothe the skin and diffusing Melaleuca will help purify and freshen the air.
Benefits & Uses:
- Know for its rejuvenating and cleansing effect on the skin
- Promotes healthy immune function*
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats*
- For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of Melaleuca essential oil onto affected area. This is a MUST oil if you’ve got kids! It’s perfect for all those boo-boos.
- Add 1–2 drops to water, citrus drinks, or veggie caps to support healthy immune system function.* Melaleuca has some pretty amazing properties that serious support the immune system. Even if you decide to take another oil like OnGuard or Clove or Oregano, add Melaleuca to the mix when you aren’t feeling 100%.
- Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
- Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keeps nails looking healthy.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces to protect against environmental threats.
- Diffuse melaleuca to help clear out any negative emotions. Help your body and spirit release those toxic relationships in your life.
- Use topically with a carrier oil, or use Melaleuca Touch, to help create boundaries and stand up for yourself and stop feeling responsible for other people’s problems.
- Use aromatically for a strengthen will, to feel empowered, and resilient.
Put them in a capsule to take for serious immune system support!!
The Steam Mug Recipe
Drop 2-3 drops each of Lemon, Melaleuca, Oregano, and Peppermint into a cup of steamy water then inhale the vapor… very slowly. It’s a very strong recipe but also very effective at helping support your respiratory and immune systems and to help that nose feel like it’s functioning well again.
doTERRA Essential Oils
I recommend only one brand of essential oils. Please do not use these tips if you are going to go out and buy the cheapest brands that you can find.
When it comes to essential oils, you get what you pay for. There’s hardly any regulation on the essential oil market so you have to do your due diligence when purchasing oils.
After research, I fell on doTERRA. DoTERRA holds themself to the highest purity and safety standards on the market. Plus, they hold themselves to fair trade and sustainability practices.
You can learn more about doTERRA’s CPTG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade) standards on my blog post about it.