It’s getting into the hot summer months and you may be in need of a quick, easy, & healthy way to stay hydrated like Good Girl Moonshine! I love my homemade kombucha but in-between batches I need another option. This drink is one of my favorites and we make it all of the time in the spring and summer.
It tastes amazing – like a sharp lemonade, actually.
What you need:
- A Quart of of ice water
- Mason Jar (because everything tastes better out of a mason jar)
- 2-4 TBSP of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp of Stevia
- 1-2 drops of Ginger Essential Oil
- optional: blueberries for garnish
- optional: I like to add a drop of Lemon Essential Oil, too.
Fill up your Jar with ice water! I prefer this drink super cold.
Add the Apple Cider Vinegar. To be honest, I do not actually measure how much of each ingredient I add to the water. I say to use 2-4 TBSP of apple cider vinegar, but in reality I give it a couple of sloshes.
Next I add the tsp of Stevia (I haven’t tried other sweetening options yet. Let me know in the comments if you try something like honey!)
And I add 1-2 drops of doTERRA Ginger Essential Oil. Ginger EO has a strong taste so start with 1 drop, stir, and add another drop if you want it to be stronger.
doTERRA Ginger has many benefits:
- May help to support healthy digestion*
- May help to reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion*
- May help reduce occasional nausea*
Screw the lid onto the Mason jar and give it a few good shakes.
And voila! Add a fun straw (I got these from the Target Dollar Spot) and drink up your Good Girl Moonshine!!
Sometimes I add blueberries – mostly because it looks cool and it’s fun.
What refreshing summer drinks do you enjoy? Want more fun recipes that incorporate essential oils? Subscribe to my blog!