Do you love the spicy comforting smell of Cinnamon? Well Cinnamon Bark Essential oil is not only for cooking, it also has many great health benefits.
History and Sourcing
Regarded as a gift for monarchs and even gods because it was so highly prized among ancient nations, cinnamon is considered one of the longest-existing spices in history. Since then, cinnamon has become a common and important spice around the world. Especially with culinary uses such as adding spice to desserts, entrees, and hot drinks. .
Derived from a tropical evergreen tree that grows up to 45 feet high Cinnamon has highly fragrant bark, leaves, and flowers. In addition, it supports healthy metabolic function and helps to maintain a healthy immune system.
For use on skin (Due to its high content of cinnamaldehyde), dilute it with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil, and for internal benefits simply one to two drops are needed.
Uses and Benefits of Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Put 2 drops in empty veggie capsule to maintain a healthy immune system.
- Place 1 drop of Cinnamon essential oil in hot water or tea and then drink it slowly to soothe your irritated throat.
- Put 2–3 drops in a spray bottle with water for a quick effective cleaning spray.
- You can add one drop to two ounces of water and gargle for an effective mouth rinse.
- You can also dilute it with Fractionated Coconut Oil which creates a warming massage for cold, achy joints.
- Supports healthy metabolic function
- Maintains a healthy immune system
- Naturally repels insects
- Long used to flavor food and for its internal health benefits
doTERRA Essential Oils
I recommend only one brand of essential oils. Please do not use these tips if you are going to go out and buy the cheapest brands that you can find. When it comes to essential oils, you get what you pay for, and there’s hardly any regulation on the essential oil market so you have to do your due diligence when purchasing oils. After research, I fell on doTERRA and DoTERRA holds themself to the highest purity and safety standards on the market -plus they hold themselves to fair trade and sustainability practices.
You can learn more about doTERRA’s CPTG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade) standards on my blog post about it.