It’s that time of year! Pumpkin EVERYTHING! I found this pumpkin recipe and changed it up a little bit and WOW, it’s Yummy! These cookies stay sweet and soft and are a sure crowd-pleaser. These are the cookies you make when you have friends coming over. Yes, I know, these are not healthy cookies – but they do use essential oils!
Let’s bake Pumpkin Cookies with Apple Cider Glaze!
Yields about 4 dozen cookies
Ingredients for the cookies:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh cooked pumpkin (or canned)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 drop Wild Orange Essential Oil
- 2 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 drops Cinnamon Essential Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Apple Cider Glaze (recipe at the bottom of this page)
- Preheat oven to 375º F
- Mix sugar, pumpkin, shortening, and Wild Orange Essential Oil.
- Stir in Flour, baking powder, baking soda, Cinnamon essential oil, and salt.
- Roll cookie dough into 1-2″ spheres and space evenly onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until light brown, 8-10 minutes. Immediately remove cookies from the cookie sheet and place on cooling rack.
- Top with Apple Cider Glaze.
Do you need a great quality essential oil? Check out my SHOP page – I can get you the highest quality essential oils for you at a 25% off wholesale price!
Apple Cider Glaze
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider
- Heat butter in saucepan over medium heat until completely melted.
- Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in Apple Cider until smooth.
Comment and let me know how you like this recipe! It’s a fall time favorite in our home. Also check out my sugar and dairy free Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer Recipe! Subscribe to my blog for more recipes like this!